Tis the season for PUMPKIN. Pumpkin everything please. New on my pumpkin list is this fabulous pumpkin butter from Oh She Glows.
I’m eating it right now. Like right now.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup raw pecans, soaked
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup or other liquid sweetener, to taste
- Place pecans in a bowl and cover with water by a couple inches. Let pecans soak for a few hours. Drain and rinse the pecans well and then place in the blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend on highest speed until the dip is smooth. Add sweetener to taste.
- Serve with apple or pear slices. Store leftover dip in an air-tight jar or container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
I thought the recipe was super easy. My Vitamix blender definitely helped, and you may want to use a food processor if you don’t have a high-powered blender.
All of the ingredients smelled and looked like fall…
The pictures of the recipe on ohsheglows.com inspired me not only to make this yumminess, but also to buy one of those handy apple-slicers. I already don’t want to remember what life was like before this thing.
What are you cooking up to celebrate fall?